Pathways to Spell (coming soon September 2021)
Pathways to Spell is an innovative and engaging programme designed to fascinate pupils about words. It is a research- based series of lessons following a Review, Explain, Practise, Apply and Reflect model. Through this programme, we aim to develop a school of spellers who use a series of strategies in lessons and in their independent writing.
Why are we introducing Pathways to Spell?
- Designed for whole class teaching of the national curriculum objectives for spelling from year 1 to year 6 with support and challenge for the range of learners in every class
- Comprehensive and progressive programme with a clear, research-based teaching sequence
- Combines consolidation of previously taught spelling patterns and rules in conjunction with new teaching
- Opportunities to review and reflect on learning supports pupils in development of key metacognitive strategies
- Spoken language underpins all the lessons – talk, exploration, play, hypothesising and experimenting is the foundation of the programme
- Collaborative learning is encouraged
- All spelling knowledge and strategies have been considered to ensure pupils learn through a multi-sensory approach
- Creates a spelling environment to support application beyond spelling lessons
- Modelling links to Pathways to Write