Essential Characteristics of a Computer Scientist at St Alban's
• Competence in coding for a variety of practical and inventive purposes, including the application of ideas within other subjects.
• The ability to connect with others safely and respectfully, understanding the need to act within the law and with moral and ethical integrity.
• An understanding of the connected nature of devices.
• The ability to communicate ideas well by using applications and devices throughout the curriculum.
• The ability to collect, organise and manipulate data effectively.
At St Alban's We use the TEACH COMPUTING Scheme of Work
The Computing curriculum at St Alban's is based on TEACH COMPUTING and has been created by subject experts, based on the latest pedagogical research and teacher feedback. It also provides an innovative progression framework where computing content (concepts, knowledge, skills, and objectives) has been organised into interconnected networks we call learning graphs. You can get an overall view of progression using our curriculum journey poster, or download our individual key stage curriculum maps for more detail.